10 Events You Need to Know about Chinese Plastic Recycling in 2017
1. General Office of the State Council Issues Plan for Reforming the Management System for the Import of Solid Waste Imported Banning the Importation of Foreign Rubbish
"418" meeting pointed out: In order to safeguard the national ecological environment safety and the people's health as the core, improve the solid waste import management system, the establishment of sub-sectors to prohibit the import of solid waste timetable, batch classification adjustment of import management directory, integrated Use legal, economic and administrative means to substantially reduce the types and quantities of imports. To strengthen solid waste recycling management, the development of recycling economy.
2.National Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Housing and Urban specifically formulated the "living garbage classification system implementation plan"
Main Objectives: By the end of 2020, China basically establishes laws, regulations and standard systems for garbage classification, and forms a reproducible and extendable classification model of domestic waste. In cities that implement compulsory classification of domestic waste, the recycling rate of domestic solid waste will reach over 35%.
2. The "Law of the People's Republic of China on Environmental Protection of the People's Republic of China" was passed at the 25th meeting of the 12th NPC Standing Committee and will come into force on January 1, 2018.
As China's first single tax law that specifically reflects the "green tax system," the Environmental Tax Law specifically states that "enterprises and institutions that discharge taxable pollutants directly to the environment and other production operators" as taxpayers and determine air pollutants, water pollutants, Solid waste and noise as taxable pollutants. The green tax will be levied in 2018.
4.The first round of Central Environmental Inspector feedback ended
From January 2016 when the Central Environmental Inspector conducted a pilot project in Hebei Province, the Central Environmental Inspector has completed the full coverage of 31 provinces across the country in the two years from 2016 to 2017 with an accountability of over 18,000. In the future, China will establish central and provincial inspection mechanism.
5.ChinaReplas2017 China International Plastic Recycling Exhibition and the 17th China Plastics Recycling and Recycling Conference
ChinaReplas2017: China International Plastic Recycling Exhibition & 17th China Plastics Recycling and Recycling Conference, is the 1st International Exhibition on Plastic Recycling, with 5,000 square meters and provides booths for 96 enterprises, attracting 2,300 professionals in the industries all over the world.
More than 600 outstanding entrepreneurs, government officials and industry experts in the industry were invited and attended the plastic recycling and regeneration conference held in the same period. The conference was conducted in full swing in a bilingual manner to create the most international exhibition in the industry.
6. In July, more than 1,600 inspection teams were deployed throughout the country to launch the special campaign "Combating Illegal Environmental Behaviors of Importing Waste Plastics for Processing and Utilizing Industries"
7.China Synthetic Resin Supply and Sale Association Recycled PET Branch been found.
It mainly composed of voluntarily formed by the enterprises and related units engaged in the research, development, production and operation of PET recovery, regeneration and utilization, and the national economy and technology Professional Collaboration is a community of service, nonprofit, self-regulatory and non-profit organizations in the PET recycling industry.
7. In order to better implement the document of "Notice of the General Office of the State Council on Printing and Distributing the Implementation Plan for the Import Reform of Solid Waste Import by Ban on the Entry of Forests" to study and refine the next step in the import policy of waste plastics, 2017 On the afternoon of October 26, 2010, the China Scrap Plastics Association and the Recycled PET Branch jointly held the 2018 Academic Symposium on Imported Waste Plastics Management Policy in Beijing and listened to the opinions and suggestions of relevant ministries, experts and some enterprises.
8. Development and Reform Commission promulgated the "Guiding Opinions on Promoting the Construction of Resource Recycling Bases," and by 2020 China will build around 50 resource recycling bases
10.After the ban, Chinese waste plastics processing industry enterprises, need to transfer to Southeast Asian countries as an important way for its continued development. In order to avoid the previous investment situation of "Chaos of small investment", China Scrap Plastics Association organized enterprises to inspect waste plastic factories and parks in Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines. Jointly with the relevant chambers of commerce in Southeast Asia, investment committees and industry veterans, hold seminars on waste plastics markets in Southeast Asia, learn about local laws and regulations, plant operating costs and living customs, and lay the foundation for the next step in investment and deepening cooperation.